Founder & Owner
George W. Routon came into the insurance/financial planning business in 1964. He received his CLU in 1979, which is a degree in insurance, and received his ChFC designation in 1988, which is a degree in financial planning. He also received his AEP (Accredited Estate Planner) designation in 1992. There are 1400 AEP’s nationally. George is currently one of three Partners at Southeastern Insurance Consultants, LLC.
- George was a Registered Investment Advisor for 40+ years.
- Taught Continuing Education Classes for Georgia & South Carolina CPA’s
- Guest Lecturer at Georgia Southern University School of Business.
- Speaker at Arkansas Timber Producers Annual Meetings.
- Speaker at Arkansas Forestry Association Annual Meetings.
- Speaker at South Eastern Lumber Manufactures Association Executive Committee.
- Endorsed by South Eastern Lumber Manufacturers Association to do Estate Planning for their members (1998 & 1999).
- Speaker at Southeastern Wood Producers Association.
- Speaker at S.C. Land Bank.
- Speaker at First Community Bank.
- Published in Forrest Resource Magazine (Estate Planning).
- Board Member and Treasurer Georgia State Lung Association
- Chaired Statewide Committee to write report on Air Quality in Georgia.
- Past President Arkansas State Bee Keepers Association
- Past President Newberry Rotary Club 2006/2007
- Rotarian of the Year (Newberry Rotary) 2007/2008
- Will Watt Fellow-Georgia Rotary Student Program
- Paul Harris Fellow
- A Benefactor and member of the Bequest Society Rotary Foundation
- Incoming Rotary District 7750 Permanent Fund Chair 2010/2011
- Past member of Architecture Review Board of Newberry
- Previous board member of Newberry Opera House
- Currently serving on the Communication Committee for the City of Newberry
Phone: 803-732-7284 x 2113